Sunday, June 21, 2009

My First 5 Questions Post


I've been on a quest to understand and participate in memes for awhile now and still haven't ventured into it. I am still looking to get a regular fun item to add to the oh hum drum blog. As I did my blog visits yesterday, I read one of my faves at some day I'll get there. She had a post "5 More Questions." This caught my eyes so I checked it out. She was responding to 5 questions she picked up from Extranjera . She offered to pass along 5 questions to anyone who asked. I am seeing this as a sort of meme and figured I'd give it a shot. Guess what? I asked AND as promised, she promptly sent them to me. I will therefore give it a shot! Thanks guys! Feel free to play along!

1. Describe your perfect day.
A bright sunny day in the back yard with plenty to eat and drink, lots of plants and flowers in bloom. Nothing to do, no one waiting for me to pick them up, drop them off or get involved with them and their needs. Me and myself and nature.

2. What made you start a blog?
I like to write and have had this desire to write, causally for a long time. This desire has been getting stronger and stronger recently but I don't quite have the time or resources. I hope some day I'll get there. I am also always commenting on things and making complaints in letters to the editor etc. My kids have this thing about me writing, so they limit their issues or caution each other, be careful or don't say that, "she's gonna write a letter!" I think that the blog could be a vehicle or means to both ends for now.

3. Who in your family knows about your blog, if no one, why?
Everyone! My computer is in an area of the room so that we can see what is going on. When I am at the computer, especially late in the night, it's the standard retort of the gang as to why I am still up, - she is writing her blog! My kids are really cute.

4. If you could break the law for one full day without consequences, what would you do?
This is a tough one. I am one of those people who always say and try very hard to stay on the "straight and narrow" so even though its a 'free pass' for a day, I'd be looking around and behind me a lot and feeling weird. That being said, I would probably erase all of the parking tickets that exists and park any place I found without regard.

5. What is your biggest regret?
Some unfinished business that is no longer a priority for me. I came home from my European escapade prematurely. I buckled and ran home before I completed my junket.

No comments: