Friday, July 23, 2010

Taking Time to Find My Way

I am actually enjoying being detached and unconnected and not responsible for anything outside of my household and what I care about right now. I thought about not having to go to ‘work’ every morning and thought that I would feel like a fish out of water because I have done that for so long. I enjoyed my work, the people I worked with, and the mission we shared. I thought I would feel like a looser, a careless and misguided person with nothing important or demanding to do. Well you know what; I do not feel that way at all. What were misguided were those thoughts and feelings of being on the wrong path. I realize that getting somewhere takes risks and is a risk but I am expecting a good outcome. I am very busy working on me.

I am enjoying the time off. I have found time to think about and see things in ways that I have overlooked or had not had the time to observe in a very long time…You know, take time to smell the roses. Having the time and the sense to find meaning in and importance in things and people around me gives me hope for a better tomorrow. I have lots to do that I have neglected or only handled the periphery to get by. I am improving my energy and vision by getting rid of clutter and understanding how to be purposeful with my time and finding my way back. A few days ago, I read a book, cover to cover, in less than two hours just for fun, just for me. I cannot remember doing this for fun in recent years.

So for now, I am finding things to do for self-improvement and growth and enjoying the down time, the playtime, free time, me time. Because now I know that this is the best I can do for me to emerge, stronger, better and happier, finding my way back. Find Peace and joy; life’s simple pleasures and service.

Let me end this post like my dear friend Donna does, with a quote. I found this quote on Exquisite Transitions blog this week entitled, Getting Somewhere.

It’s only when you don’t run from yourself that you begin to get somewhere. -Anonymous

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Philly. Your post today makes me Happy, Happy, Happy! It seems taking time for 'us' is more important that we ever could have imagined. Congratulations. Enjoy every moment of 'finding your way. Love your quote. So true. xxD

patty said...

Hi Philly! Love your thoughts here. It has amazed me how much there is to do even when one is not "working". It's been just over a year now for me. At first I did struggle with the whole self-image, self-esteem thing, but I have moved on and love my life and freedom now so much!! You are moving in the right direction!

philly5113 said...

Thank you Donna. Your comments means a lot to me. This is a move for happiness. I am glad you are happy here.

Patty, your visit and comments means a lot to me as well. Thank you. This is certainly an experience and I am hanging on counting on the support and guidance of all of you.
P