Monday, May 10, 2010

Personal Reconstruction in Progress - Stay Tuned!

As time goes by, it seems inevitable that one will stop to wonder, or something will occur that forces you to look inwardly and determine where you are in the scheme of things of your life, and assess how you feel about where you are. This is check up time for me. I have to make some decisions, take some actions and rearrange or refocus to find the way to get to where I feel I ought to be. Are you in that space now too?


The task for me is thinking, knowing and doing. The thinking is figuring out what is the deal and what is the direction. Should I stay on track, what is the track, or should I switch to some thing else? How will I know what ‘the thing’ I should be focusing on is at this time? For some people it is clear, for others, including me, the knowing is an elusive thing. There are so many competing interests, it is hard to choose or know what actions to take. This is personal reconstruction or renovation time and it is challenging but necessary.

This process of personal reconstruction is the hardest thing to do. It is like mid-life crisis. So much swirling around in your head, who am I, what do I want to do now, where do I belong, what color is my parachute, what is important, what is next? What do you do or how do you get to the knowing to all these questions and enrich your life?

I have to agree and remember that time is short and there are not many opportunities for do over’s or to achieve satisfaction with life activities and achievements. My tasks and my desire is to do more of what makes me happy and that which takes me to where I want to be in terms of my living and quality of life. I have to find my angle and get after it because life is grand I want to make sure I enjoy every minute. At this juncture however, I feel a void and a longing and I must find out what it is and do it!

So this is where I am now; knowing, believing and doing. Going from knowing to doing is also a challenge. I still need to know what I really want to do with myself, in all areas of my life. Figure out the barriers and then start to chip away at them, one by one. The doing is and will be a hurdle in itself. I have to get there. I have to do something.

When was your last check up? Are you living your dreams? Rise up and celebrate the living by doing you.

I am taking this journey because I have to be true to myself. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

caroldiane said...

wow, you are clearly in the midst of some marvelous re-design! I am very excited to be able to be witness to some of that! Great work and fabulous questions!