Sunday, December 13, 2009

Choosing an Electric Toothbrush


Since my last post on dental hygiene, tooth brushes and gum diseases, I've done some more research to get a better sense of what I could do or change in my own dental hygiene practices. Naturally, I thought about getting an electric tooth brush, not because I have any dental issues at this time, but because I want to improve or keep up with the Joneses on this one. After all without good health what do we have. The challenge is how to choose an electric toothbrush from the numbers and types on the market today.

There are several claims that the electric brush is best. I searched the ADA site and I didn't quite see that there although the site had sections of FAQs on tooth brushes etc. The Associated Content website was quite robust with information on teeth cleaning and products. They had an entry, 10 reasons you Might Need or Want an Electric Toothbrush which I found interesting. I didn't find anything earth shaking or that crucial on the list. I think the most important and the first item is dexterity issues. Mostly the reasons are fun, comfort, practicality, ease and for a unique experience. Other links offer other ideas and reasons to switch. I guess they are all important and sensible reasons why we should want to use the electric brush but they don't really knock the manual brushes out of the arena.

We always seek to do better, do more and work harder to be the best that we can be. This also applies to our health. Since the electric tooth brush is the best tool for oral health then, hey, I want one! There are quite a few brands on the market to choose from and two front runners according to the reviews. It seems you can achieve a good result from choosing the less expensive models with proper usage. Of course, the more expensive the more features and perks they will come with.

At this point I like the Sonicare Flexcare RS9300.

Which electric tooth brush do you have or will you choose? Since this is the season for giving..... yes, thank you, I'll accept a gift!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks cool.Though I haven't used an electric toothbrush ever,I think it's about time I try,hehe.I wonder if it's available here in the Philippines.I'll go check it out. =)

philly5113 said...

Thanks Onlinewriter for the visit and comment. I hope you find an eleectric toothbrush where you are. Let me know.

Liz said...

Those are pretty cool!

Have a great weekend.

Best Electric Toothbrush said...

I never thought that an electric toothbrush can be so much fun until I used one myself.
It was a much better experience than I ever thought!!!